Here at The Treasure House, we have observed that the most compelling miracle stories contain certain key elements, which we have framed as Guiding Questions below. In documenting your own miraculous experience, we hope you will find it helpful to reflect on these questions and address them as you put your story into words.
- Describe the circumstances in your life that preceded and led up to your miraculous experience.
- Describe your overall state of mind that immediately preceded the miraculous experience.
- What circumstance/event precipitated you seeking for a change in a difficult situation?
- Describe your feelings as you struggled to find a new way to deal with the situation.
- How did you invite (formally or informally) divine intervention into the situation?
- What specific concept or passage from the Course did you find helpful in addressing the situation?
- What specific approach or practice technique from the Course did you use?
- Describe any guidance you received regarding the holiness of yourself and other individuals.
- How did your relationship to the situation change as a result of applying the principles of the Course?
- What changes have you observed as a result of the impact of this experience on other individuals?
- How did this experience impact your work on the spiritual path generally and your work with the Course specifically?
Example: For an example that may be of help to you in writing your own story, you may want to read “Learning to See” in the Story Treasury. Not all stories have to take the same form, but this one can serve as an example since it does address the Guiding Questions listed above.
Privacy: We thoughtfully respect the privacy of our contributors. Therefore, we will post only your first name and your state/country in conjunction with your story. Also, within the story itself, some contributors have elected to use a penname or to change the names of people or places to respect the privacy of individuals mentioned in the story.
Thank You: We understand that it may take some time for you to write up your experience, so please know that we are truly grateful for your efforts to grow The Treasure House and help fellow students of A Course in Miracles. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you should have any questions along the way!
“This is the Holy Spirit’s single gift, the treasure house to which you can appeal with perfect certainty for everything that can contribute to your happiness. All are laid here already. All can be received but for the asking. Here the door is never locked, and no one is denied his least request or his most urgent need. There is no sickness not already healed, no lack unsatisfied, no need unmet within this golden treasury of Christ.” (From Workbook Lesson 159)